High-density polyethylene insulator (HDPE insulator) or plastic insulator can used in overhead electrical distribution system, compacted or conventional distribution aerial nets. It suits for polluted area or salty coastal area in tropical zone. HDPE insulators can be applied with jacketed or bare overhead conductors, aluminum or copper. Mainly applied in electrical system of 15KV, 25KV and 35KV.
HDPE insulator has the following Characteristics:
1. Recyclable material, environment friendly
2. Excellent Track-Resistant
3. High Chemical Resistance
4. Unbreakable and Light Weight
5. Easiest Handling and Transportation
6. Low Initial Cost
7. Long Service Life
8. Durable Metal Treads
9. Water Repelling Surface
10. High resistance to traction, flexion and impact
11. May be fixed by elastomeric ring or pre shaped plastic lace
HDPE insulators is molded in one-piece with fire retardant fiber filler. Representing the largest portion of the polyethylene, HDPE polymer offer the excellent chemical resistance, good electrical properties,low moisture absorption, and high tensile strength. HDPE polymer is alsonon-toxic, non-staining and recyclable. It is not recommended using metallicstring in compacted or conventional networks.
Mechanical & Electrical Characteristics: