CAP AND PIN TYPE SUSPENSION INSULATORS
TOUGHENED GLASS SUSPENSION INSULATORS
Now Glass Disc Insulator has become popular in transmission and distribution system. Annealed tough glass is used for insulating purpose. Glass insulator has numbers of advantages over conventional porcelain insulator.
Advantages of Glass Disc Insulator:
1. It has very high dielectric strength compared to porcelain.
2. Its resistivity is also very high.
3. It has low coefficient of thermal expansion.
4. It has higher tensile strength compared to porcelain insulator.
5. As it is transparent in nature that is not heated up in sunlight as porcelain.
6. The impurities and air bubble can be easily detected inside the glass insulator body because of its transparency.
7. Glass has very long service life as because mechanical and electrical properties of glass do not be affected by aging.
8. After all, glass is cheaper than porcelain.
Specifications of Double Shed Type Toughened Glass Suspension Insulators